Agust 2014 Book Challange
Day 20 - Book Recommendation
I feel this is important
If you love to read and you want to blog about it, DO IT. Don’t worry about how many people are following you, or how many books you’re reading, if you post a review for a book or not, if you buy books this month or not. We’re supposed to do this for fun and to relax. We’re supposed to do it for ourselves.
If I was a rich girl
na na na na na-na
See I’d buy all the books in the world if I was a wealthy girlllllllll
"Do they sense it, these dead writers, when their books are read? Does a pinprick of light appear in their darkness? Is their soul stirred by the feather touch of another mind reading theirs? I do hope so."
BLOODY BRILLIANT BOOKS
Summer Giveaway and Treasure Hunt
Ok so I know the end of summer is a bit late to host a summer giveaway but I’ve just passed a mile stone and this giveaway took a lot of planning. These are the books I’ve read this summer which I feel would make the best gift for you guys also as essentially I will be gifting two of you to receive a copy of your choice.
This giveaway is going to run in two formats, the first being the traditional “reblog to enter” situation and the second being a new treasure hunt I am testing out. Each method will have one winner and it is possible to win both.
HOW TO ENTER
For the traditional method you simply have to reblog this post and follow me and I will randomly draw one winner at midnight BST on the 25th September one month from now. This winner will be allowed to choose one book pictured above or listed below to have brought and sent to them by me. (Probably via the book depository as it ships free worldwide)
The second format is going to be won by the first person to riddle out 5 clues and inbox me with the final answer. To make it fair to all I won’t be posting the final clue until the final night of the competition September 25th at 6pm. The way it works is that I will link to a particular post I have made in the past with a specific word or name to look for. Once you find that word it will double as a password to access the next clue. Once you reach the 4th answer you will be able to access the site where I will post my final clue but the clue will not go live until 6pm on the 25th of September and you will have the option of signing up to be contacted with the clue an hour before it goes live.
The first clue for this challenge is "In my review of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone I say a certain set of books will not be left on book shelves, which book series am I referring to?” Once you know the answer go to this site and enter the name to see the next clue. (As this will be a proper noun answer spaces and capitals are relevant)
I recommend the books on offer for everyone, not just the winners and they are;
1. The Program, Suzanne Young
2. Cinder, Marrisa Meyer
3. The Northern Lights, Philip Pullman
4. A Monster Calls, Patrick Ness
5. More Than This, Patrick Ness
6. Pawn, Aimee Carter
7. Anna and the French Kiss, Stephanie Perkins
8. Shadow and Bone, Leigh Bardugo
* The winners will be able to choose one book each from those listed above which I will then send them.
* As this competition is a thank you for my followers I will only choose you as a winner if you are following me; to go to my blog click here.
* You can enter as many times as you like; there is no limit per day or in total but try not to annoy people by constantly reblogging.
* The winners will have 48 hours to respond before I choose another, they must also have an open ask box as that is how I will contact them.
* It is not necessary for the competition but I would be grateful anyone who wants to friend me on goodreads, link here. Or follow my second blog Flipping Fantastic Films.
* If you have any queries leave a message in my ask box and I will respond and update this post with the answers.
*My final clue will only go live at 6pm 15th September, you have until then to solve the previous 4 and be the first to message me the answer and win.
Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour!
Guys, my ‘Crewel’ book has the ugliest uglies cover ever, and so I’m making a dust jacket for it.
If anybody has this book in that pink-violet edition, I would greatly appreciate a picture of the back of it, and the spine, so I can print it out and make it a dust jacket.
I found the front on google but nothing else :(
Alright, so, it seems I’m really not made for these readathon things because in the whole week of the BoB readathon, I actually read LESS than usual. I think the whole ‘you have to read’ thing, made me want to procrastinate and not do it. Anyway, I only managed to finish:
- LOTR: The return of the king
"Her parents were not much into reading themselves, so they had yet to understand that the kind of people with a real passion for books—do not tend to keep them stacked neatly on shelves. Usually their books are found scattered across the floor, stockpiled in some damp, dark corner or left to accumulate slowly on tables and chairs."
Entire section just 4 Agatha Christie cause her works were AWESOME sauce.
I’m also loving the cover art on them very pretty
August Book Photo Challenge / Day 15: Bookstore
This is part of the awesome YA section at Kinokuniya, which I visited during my mini Sydney trip last year.
IT’S TIME FOR ANOTHER GIVEAWAY!
- Be following me readaroundtherosie
- Prizes will be sent via the book depository so if they don’t ship to your country, I’m really really sorry. But they ship to over 150 countries worldwide, so hopefully that includes you
- like, reblog, do whatever as many times as you like- try not to spam people
- no giveaway blogs thank you
- End date: November 1st 2014, midnight AEST
- you will need to give me your address to send them don’t worry I won’t do anything else with it, I’m far too lazy
- THERE WILL BE 3 WINNERS
- Each winner will receive 1 hardcover OR two paperbacks of their choice from the books above
- considering HEIR OF FIRE is currently my favourite book of the year thus far I wanted to celebrate that and all my other favs so far so these are my favourite reads
- you can choose any of the books from the series if you already have the first one, or even from a spin off series (like Bloodlines instead of Vampire Academy)
GOOD LUCK, GET REBLOGGING
My readathon goals:
Time Devoted to Reading ~ I’ll try to read 200 pages a day. My Goals I want to read more than I leisurely regularly do. I want to have a special week devoted just to reading as much as I possible can. ~~ I want to finish at the minimum of 3 books. ~~ Read 700+ pages ~~ Read every day ~~ Try to do one or several of the challenges Books to Read I want to give myself freedom to choose what I’m in the mood for, so I will be picking books from this pile:
- finish ‘LOTR: the return of the king’ by Tolkien
- ‘Ashes’ by Ilsa J. Bick
- ‘Captains Corageous’ by Rudyard Kipling
- ‘Lord of the flies’ by William Golding
- 'Crewel' by Gennifer Albin
- reread ‘A feast for crows’ by George R.R. Martin
- ‘Cloud Atlas’ by David Mitchell
- ‘Cannery row’ by John Steinbeck
I decided to participate in the ‘Bout of Books’ readathon :)
Never done anything like this before, but decided to give it a try, since it’s summer and I’ve got time to read a lot! I want to see how much I can read if I push myself a bit more. Of course I won’t overdue it because that wouldn’t be fun anymore, but I’ll give it my share of effort! :) The official blurb, for anyone who is interested: