Yes, I am! :D
“A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it.”
- Samuel Johnson
'Do you think she can see us, talking to one another now?' she said slowly. 'Do you think the dead come back and watch the living?'
Today’s Classic: Girls with Books (part II)
1. William-Adolphe Bouguereau ‘The Story Book’ (1877)
2. Charles Amable Lenoir ‘To the Return of Times Lost’ (19th century)
3. Jean-Honoré Fragonard ‘Young Girl Reading’ (c. 1770)
4. Lord Frederick Leighton ‘The Maid with the Yellow Hair’ (c.1895)
5. Attilio Baccani ‘Lady reading a book’ (1876)
oh wow this is so adorable *-*
BLIND DATE WITH A BOOK GIVEAWAY!
To celebrate my birthday I want to give away a Blind Date with a Book! What is it? A Blind Date with a Book is a surprise book mailed to you wrapped like an old vintage package! You have NO IDEA what the book is. So, you open the instructions, the tea, and the journal page to commit to sitting down and enjoying a book WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO JUDGE what the book is!
- A surprise (but fantastic) Blind Date with a Book mailed to you! (This one will be extra special!)
- A packet of TEA, chosen specifically to be enjoyed with this book!
- Pondering’s card to journal about the book!
- Cute instructions on how to use the Blind Date with a Book!
- A pen pal to discuss the book with!
1. Reblog this post to enter. (You can reblog as many times as you want to bring up your chances!)
2. Likes don’t count.
3. Must be following Shewalkswithwings
4. Anyone can enter! I will ship internationally!
END DATE: FEBRUARY 28th 10:30 pm! (last day of the month!)
A name will be picked at random by a generator to determine the winner. The winner will be posted on my blog and notified through their ask box.
ONLY A WEEK LEFT!!!
One week guys!
2 DAYS LEFT!!!!!
"Books everywhere. On the shelves and on the small space above the rows of books and all along the floor and under chairs, books that I have read, books that I have not read."
I’m mostly excited about Unwholly, the 2nd book of Unwind series.
I read The Hunger Games triology as ebooks before. Actually, my ebook shelf is the best!
#books #bookfair #reading #bookstack #yaayyme
One of the many advantages of bookstacking. The right book at the right time can challenge your beliefs and prompt us to audit our values. The right book can hold a mirror up to you, or the world, or that mythical beast, society. It’s the best way we know to have a proper rethink.
What books have you read lately that have given you a sense of perspective?
BTW we flogged this image from an amusing blog called I waste so much time. Have a squiz.
my main blog is stateofindifference :) and I follow from there :)
It’s my blogiversary! It’s been a great year and I feel that Unbound Books has grown tremendously in it’s first year and I know I, as a reader, have also grown. It’s been wonderful to be part of this book blogging community and to have met so many awesome people. In honor of this special occasion I am hosting a giveaway through Rafflecopter.
Here are the guidelines:
- You must enter using the Rafflecopter widget. Any other entries will not be counted
- That being said you can follow and reblog this post for extra entries (just be sure to note it in the widget)
- The giveaway is a worldwide as long The Book Depository ships to your country
- The giveaway ends on February 28, 2014 at 11:59 EST. I will then chose the winner using Rafflecopter (which uses a random number generator)
- I will be contacting the winner via email (provided to me via Rafflecopter). I promise I will only contact you for the giveaway and will never send you any spam.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond before I pick another winner
- I will be checking to make sure that the winner has valid entries and if found to have invalid entries, the winner will be disqualified and another winner will be chosen
- The winner will get to chose any book(s) from The Book Depository that is $20 USD or less
- The winner must be comfortable with giving me their address
- If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Here’s the link to the Rafflecopter widget! Enter away!